Safebridge offers an online training course on Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (ECDIS), tailored for Maritime Pilots.
As an informative course and a familiarisation tool, ECDIS Training for Maritime Pilots is specifically designed for pilots operating the onboard ECDIS equipment, covering generic ECDIS training and type specific modules for various manufacturers.
The course covers both generic topics and type-specific familiarisation that specifically addresses the Maritime Pilots’ needs.
Generic module: Navigating with ECDIS
Type specific modules for various manufacturers
Standards and Requirements
Shiphandling with ECDIS
Type specific module:
Introduction and Basics
Sensors and Alerts
Objectives of the course:
– Understand the navigational functions of ECDIS;
– Direct the selection of and assess relevant information;
– Understand the potential errors of displayed data and the common errors of interpretation;
– Explain why ECDIS should not be relied upon as the sole source of navigational information;
– Be familiar with the features that are common to all ECDIS systems.
The Training HubThis online course has been produced by Safebridge and is part of Safebridge’s Training Hub, the online place featuring various types of e-learnings, suitable for professional mariners and recreational sailors.
Prices in brackets include 19% VAT